Friday, August 29, 2014

August Wasn't Too Shabby

"Let me 'splain... No. There is too much. Let me sum up."
-Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride" 

In August, I:

- Learned to sprout, not only alfalfa seeds as pictured, but nuts, grains and legumes. Also learned how to make sprouted wheat flour/bread and taught a class on it. Very fun and educational!

 

- Ate and cooked with loads of Santa Rosa plums from my parents' tree. Here is the second plum cake I made after the Upside-Down one I posted on the blog. This one was based on this recipe from Bon Appetit The bake time was about 5 minutes too long, but the slightly citrus-y flavor was great!

 

- Went to Lake Tahoe and learned to paddleboard.

 

- Hiked to Eagle Falls and got his view of Eagle Lake:

 

All in all, not a shabby way to wrap up the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!