Friday, January 7, 2011

New Additions to Cookbook Collection

This year, my Christmas haul was exceedingly heavy on the side of cookbooks and food memoirs- and I am pleased as punch about that fact. Some books are made to be looked at an appreciated visually, and that’s enough. I have been known to eat a homely meal happily as long as I may do so while indulging in a particularly delicious-looking cookbook. Other cookbooks are more practical, with healthy ways to incorporate goals for the new year into busy, every day life.

And food memoirs connect personal stories with the foods associated with them. I am currently immersed in Molly Wizenberg’s “A Homemade Life” and enjoying getting to know the famous blogger known as Orangette. (I know, she’s been around for like 6 years - I’m a little behind, but working on catching up.) I became fascinated with M.F.K. Fisher and her unique, historically intriguing essays when I read her short book "How To Cook A Wolf", and look forward to reading more of her now that I have her collected works, "The Art of Eating".

Anyway, here are a few of my new treasures that I will be adding to my collection:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!