Monday, November 29, 2010

Winter Makes Me Crave Noodles

Burmese Chicken Curry Noodles from Burma Superstar
I have emerged from Thanksgiving break almost fully recovered from a vicious cold that rendered me unwilling and somewhat unable to do much more than lie around for the past 9 days. My appetite was diminished by my illness, and I knew my health had finally taken a turn for the better when I found myself famished for Thai food again. (For me, a perpetual craving for Thai is a symptom of health and normality.) I devoured an entire plate of pad thai noodles with immense satisfaction.

Noodles are such a wonderful comfort food to be enjoyed in the cold winter months. Spurred on by my pad thai binge, I am planning a noodle extravaganza this week. Spicy coconut noodles, noodle soup, Korean Jap Choi Noodles, and vegetarian lasagna are on the way. I am even fantasizing about a sojourn to the Bay area for more Burmese noodles like those I tried at Burma Superstar. Immersed in a creamy, mild sauce with the depth of caramelized onions, it’s no wonder people develop cravings for the stuff and wait up to 4 hours to get a seat.

What's your favorite form of noodles?

2 comments:

  1. I love noodles in Udon and Gyudon, but your curry sounds to die for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better, Stacy. I just love cold sesame noodles. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!