2. Attend the Gilroy Garlic Festival- Looking forward to some things (garlic chicken stir fry sounds good, plus normal foods like BBQ, funnel cakes, etc.) Others just sound like a horrible idea - Conagra will be there giving away free garlic ice cream. As a lactose intolerant person, I can't imagine a worse thing for me to put into my body, and I will probably not partake.
3. Watch an opera at the Met (Carmen or La Boheme, preferably both). I have been wanting to see another opera for several years, and my local movie theater will be showing two classic operas in July! I hope it will be like a trip to New York without a plane ticket, and with a better view than I would have even if I saw it at the Met in person!
5. See the Impressionist Exhibit in SF. With masterpieces from the Musee D'Orsay in Paris by Manet, Degas, Monet, and Renoir, this De Young exhibit looks like a must-see! It runs through September 6th.
6. Start a thriving compost pile. I got my bin and this Saturday, out I go to mix my kitchen scraps with dirt and various natural materials.
7. Read as many books as possible. I am already 99% done with my original summer reading list and need to come up with a new one...
8. Make my own reusable bags. I already sewed 3; now to decorate them as desired!