Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Tikka Kebabs

I have been waiting for the right recipe to share in my Indian food experimentation. I got this one from the "Fast, Easy Fresh" cookbook Paul got for me last Christmas. It was a "WOW" - so much flavor in these! I served them with brown basmati rice and sauteed carrots.

Note: The recipe asks you to cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks, thread on a skewer, and grill. I didn't want to be bothered, so I cut the chicken into strips and broiled them in the oven.


Chicken Tikka Kebabs

2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 c. plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 T. ground coriander
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
Pinch of dried crushed red pepper

2 T. (1/4 stick) butter, melted

Combine chicken, lemon juice, and slat in medium bowl; let stand 30 minutes.

Mix yogurt and spices in a small bowl. Add to chicken and stir until chicken is well coated with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate chicken at least 3 hours or overnight.

Prepare barbecue (medium high heat). Brush chicken with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt. grill until just cooked through, turning frequently, about 7 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!