Monday, January 25, 2010

Meatloaf - It's what's for Dinner!

My aunt bought me the following Christmas present:

















Norpro 2 Piece Nonstick Meatloaf Bread Pan Set

See larger image




Norpro 2 Piece Nonstick Meatloaf Bread Pan Set



You can use the outer pan for baking bread and pound cake. But the double design is especially good for making meatloaf, as the unique design allows the fat with its calories and cholesterol to drain into the bottom pan.

I don't know if my aunt was aware that I have a special place in my heart for meatloaf (hello, comfort food!), but tonight I used this pan to make my own special meatloaf. I knew I would have my work cut out for me, seeing as my husband reminded me that he does not normally care for this dish.

So I came up with the following recipe:


Delicious Meatloaf


Mix together in a bowl until smooth:
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 piece of wheat bread, blended into crumbs (pop it in the blender until it's smooth)
Sprinkle of dried onions
Garlic salt and freshly ground pepper, to salt

Mix in:
1 lb. lean beef

Then shape mixture into loaf plan and top with sauce, a mixture of:
1/3 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
Squeeze of lemon juice, yellow mustard, and honey.

Bake in 350F oven for 45 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then slice and serve. Serves 4.

Result: After a few bites, my husband admitted, "I actually like this meatloaf." That's the best compliment a cook can hope for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!