Friday, January 22, 2010

Reaktion's Edible Series


My friend Rachel recently tipped me off about the Reaktion "Edible" book series - small volumes that chronicle the history of a variety of foods, such as cheese, pizza, hot dogs, spices, hamburgers, pancakes, and yes, my personal favorite, pie.

In a review of "Pie: A Global History", "Publisher's Weekly" writes, "The book's slim page count [40 pages] belies a wealth of information, including the science of flaky crust, recipes from yesteryear, the real-life inspirations for famous pie lovers like Georgie Porgie and Little Jack Horner, and a brief dissertation on why pie is so delicious ("biology makes us do it").

Which volume would you like to read? I personally am an insatiable pie addict and I hope to get my hands on a copy of the pie book at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!