Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guess What Concert I'm Going To...

Muse performs in Toronto

Tonight, we are going with some good friends to see British band Muse, along with their opening act, Passion Pit. Muse is said to be one of the great live acts touring now, and with their dramatic vocal falsetto and stirring guitar riffs (often compared to those of Queen), I can see why. I was first introduced to the Muse album Absolution a few years back, and found it to be apocalyptic, terrifying, meaningful and incredibly impressive. Now, with their prominent position on every Twilight soundtrack (author Stephenie Meyer worships the ground they walk on), they are finally gaining popularity in the US after already doing so in England, Australia and Japan.

I am also looking forward to seeing Passion Pit, who hail from Massachusetts. Their extremely catchy and upbeat track "Little Secrets" has been a regular on my work out music lists for some time. Who have you seen recently in concert, or who would you love to see?

Passion Pit in 2008


1 comment:

  1. Awesome, have a blast! Lots of people at my work like Muse. Although after they did music for Twilight I took issue, but that's another story altogether:) Sounds great, have a good time:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!