Thursday, September 23, 2010

Restaurant Review: Cafe Rolle

I am passionate about trying new restaurants, so I thought I might begin blogging about some of my most unique dining experiences with you. One restaurant that I have been meaning to try for some time is a local French spot called Cafe Rolle. Located in East Sacramento lies this informal, moderately priced gem where locals find authentic French dishes.

You can expect to be greeted by a charming French waiter as soon as you arrive...

When the weather is mild, do take advantage by dining out front on the patio. The smiling girl is a friend of mine, by the way, and not a stranger who I randomly asked to photograph. Phew! I'm not a complete weirdo blogging nut yet.

The tables are adorned with red and white checkered tablecloths, dotted with postcards from French destinations and carafes of water.


The croque monsiuer is my friend's favorite dish here. Others rave about the fois gras, pate, and sandwiches. Below, you will see the poached salmon sandwich topped with dill creme fraiche and the spring salad, topped with carrots, lentils and an assertive Dijon mustard dressing.


If you ever make it to my neck of the woods, stop by Cafe Rolle, and expect to hear many friendly wishes of "bonjour" and "merci". You will be living La Vie En Rose in no time!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, French cuisine is always a good choice:) On a random note...Laurel promised that if you make pumpkin pie from the pumpkin I gave you and post the recipe on your blog she will try making some...no pressure, but my fingers are crossed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definately be doing a pie! Don't you worry! I will start looking for a recipe now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!