Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simple Roasted Apricots with Honey Marscapone

This is the best use for fresh apricots I have had! I literally licked my plate when I was done. Thank you to Joy the Baker for this recipe! It was my first time using marscapone, which was incredibly thick and rich with the texture of butter. I recommend using 2 apricots per person.

Simple Roasted Apricots with Honey Marscapone

4 apricots, halved and pits removed

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/2 cup marscarpone cheese

1 teaspoon honey

1 teaspoon chopped mint

1 teaspoon chopped lemon balm (optional)

Preheat broiler. Place sugar in a shallow bowl. Dip apricot halves in sugar and place in a oven safe dish (I used a cast iron pan).

Place dish under the broiler and bake for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep an eye on the apricots, and carefully rotate the pan as necessary. Sugar will melt, boil and begin to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.

In a small bowl, mix honey into mascarpone cheese. Place slightly cooled apricots on a plate. Top with a dollop of mascarpone mixture, and a sprinkling of fresh mint and lemon balm. Serve. These apricots are best served just after they’re baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!