Saturday, July 9, 2011

What to Do with Zucchini?

There is one thing that can be counted on to grow well every year here: Zucchini. Perhaps no other crop is as prolific as this Italian squash. Last year I was craving zucchini bread and practically begged friends for zucchini via Facebook, but no offers came through. This year I will not be buying zucchini again, as our two plants are already producing plentifully.

Once the newness of zucchini begins to wear thin, one always starts to wonder what to do with it all. Here are a few suggestions that I have enjoyed in the past:

Healthy Stuffed Zucchini (with bulger and pine nuts)

Zucchini Bread with Pineapple
(wonderfully sweet and moist)

Thanks to Pinterest, I am determined to also make:

Zucchini Lemon Cookies



Source: food52.com via Stacy on Pinterest



Chocolate Zucchini cake





Zuni Cafe Zucchini Pickles





Ratatouille





I could go on and on. I got so carried away, I created a whole Pinterest Board for zucchini recipes. Any other zucchini-related suggestions out there?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite zucchini is simply sliced, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with s&p, and either grilled or roasted...

    I like the look of those pickles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!